Nothing to see here. This component is added to the post page in order to register the visit
We’ve already mentioned in our latest blog post the amount of websites currently running and growing in the world is huge. Whereas we appreciate the effort of anyone to build a website and/or an app, we want to bring up one of the most important principals in this process (sometimes forgotten or not well paid attention to) - the user experience, also known as UX.
Here’s a very simple example – did it ever happen that you went on a website, clicked one of the icons and reached the 404 page? Meaning, you reached nowhere? Did you ever go on your mobile to a website that didn’t fit your mobile’s screen? It was annoying, ah?
Of course it was. Unfortunately, it happens all the time in many websites. This is what we mean when referring to user experience (bad user experience, in this case).
But user experience is not only about maintaining valid links on your app/website. It is also about what the user experiences when he goes on your website/app –
Does he find what he needs? Does he find it fast? Easily? Does he switch from one page to another because you keep him interested or does he leave fast? Will he share/recommend a friend to visit your website/app?
Complicated menus, too much text, long loading time and error pages* can be disastrous in terms of future traffic to your website/app.
*By the way, even error pages, which sometimes are inevitable, can be designed in a great-user-friendly way
So... How to take UX into consideration when building a website/app?
- UXD - UX is impacted mainly from user experience design, also known as UXD. Impressive design is important, but more important is that it will be accessible and usable.
- STRUCTURE - On another level, your content needs to be well structured for SEO purposes. If this will be the case, it will be very easy to find you.
- YOUR USERS - Characterise your users, understand who they are, how they think and what they need from you.
- AND AGAIN, STRUCTURE - Structure is not only good for SEO purposes, but also for the actual users. Each page on your website/app must have a clear purpose. Your users must have good orientation between pages. If they understand and navigate easily, they'll stay longer.
- ADJUSTED LANGUAGE - Talk in their language, so they understand. If you have a medical online magazine for doctors, “talk” in a professional language with medical terms. On the other hand, if you have a medical online magazine for the mass, talk plain, explain medical terms in simple words.
- TEST! Get feedback from PEOPLE! That’s the best advice you can ever get for any new product, in any subject. Ask them what they think, encourage them to tell you what was good about their experience but more important, what was “bad” and needs to be improved.
- CONSISTENCY - Keep same design guidelines in all your marketing channels and stick to them.
- PERSONALIZATION - Personalize user experience. If a user visits your asset more than once – learn from his last visit. For example, if he was interested in a specific product, make sure he’ll see it immediately when he comes back (most likely, this is THE reason he's coming back).
User experience is not only on your website/app – when you update your social accounts for example, make sure your description to what you uploaded match, the link is working and the visual is viewed well.
BEFORE you make the marketing efforts to bring users to your online asset, think how to keep them there and bring them back.
Did you know that…?
88% of online users are less likely to visit again a site after a bad user experience
- Facebook Advertising & Marketing: Top Tips & Guides 17
- General Online Marketing Methods and Strategies 18
- Digital Marketing | General Guides & Tips 30
- Quantum 5
- Google & SEM Marketing: Top Tips & Guides 5
- Digital Marketing Video Posts 4
- Tech 2
- Mobile Marketing 3
- Copywriting: Top Tips & Guides 4
- Web Development 1
- 11 free sources of Power Words all copywriters should have in their bible
- 5 Ways to Support your Business with Digital Marketing During the Pandemic
- 19 Social Media Themes Ideas for All Your Content Needs
- 32 Royalty Free Photo Banks No Digital Marketer Should Live Without
- Social Media Manager vs Community Manager: Which one do I need?
- Which social media platform for which business?
- This god damn complicated (digital) world
- 10 things every website owner deals with (and hates).
- Small questions about your website
- Community Management: Behind the Scenes!