Nothing to see here. This component is added to the post page in order to register the visit
Before we tell you a bit about advertising on Facebook, we would like you to take a few seconds to answer yourself 5 questions:
- Do you have a Facebook profile account?
- How many times do you use it daily/weekly?
- How many hours do you spend daily/weekly on Facebook?
- Do you share interesting links you see and “like” posts you support?
- In how many devices do you use Facebook? (laptop, table computer, tablet, mobile…)
We are pretty sure we can “guess” your answers to these questions in a very high level of accuracy.
While writing this blog post, China is still the most populous country in the world with a population of over 1.367 billion. Not for long. Facebook currently have 1.31 billion active users monthly, 864 million of these users, meaning 64%, are active DAILY. By next year, Facebook is expected to be the most populous country in the world, making it more powerful, stronger and influential than ever. (Update November 2017: Facebook has nearly 2.1 billion MAUs, 66% of them are active daily)
"Facebook's monthly active users per year quarter since Q2'12. Source: FB's quarterly earnings slides Q2 2014"
In Mauritius only, there are nearly 400,000 Facebook user profiles, and this number is growing every day. (Update October 2017: There are more than 700,000 users in Mauritius on Facebook)
If you own a business entity or you have a purpose you want to promote, you should ask yourself how can you use this powerful platform to boost it up.
In case you are not in the loop, Facebook launched Facebook for Business also known as Facebook Fan Pages in 2007. Facebook Fan Page is available to any business/organisation/cause, and it’s Free.
A Facebook fan page gives you the opportunity to interact with your clients and potential clients (in Mauritius or world wide) directly. It also enables a huge opportunity to be visible online, to bring traffic to your website, to improve your positions on Google and to strengthen your brand.
Having said that, two advices that you might not hear from others :
- You MUST maintain your page, make it active – upload interesting content, interact with your clients, ask them what they think, reply to posts on your page, create cool competitions, sponsor posts to increase visibility… and if to say it very clear - IT’S NOT ENOUGH JUST TO HAVE A FACEBOOK PAGE! The competition on users’ attention is huge and tough. You need to build a strong community around your page – people that love your product/service and use it. If your page won’t have interesting content, creative posts, backed up with out of the box thinking, it will die hard and it will die fast.
- It's true that Facebook is the 2nd most popular website in the world (After Google) but don't forget - Facebook is a social network, it is not for every business/organisation exist out there. Facebook users like and engage with "fun" subjects such as music, cars, food, clothing, tourism, news. They won’t get too excited by their plumber, accountant or electrical engineer on their Facebook news feed page. Think if your organisation suits the platform and if you can generate real value for your organisation from Facebook. If not, don’t waste your time and efforts, there are plenty other ways to advertise online.
Facebook enables you to expand your reach via sponsored campaigns. You can run sponsored campaigns for your website, for your Fan page (increasing likes), for a specific event (for example, sales week), for a specific post (for example, a new product) and other advanced options like increase conversions on your website objective.
Facebook’s targeting options can be very specific – you can target your audience by location, demographics (age, gender, etc.), interests, connections and far more advanced audiences such as people who visited your website and others.
The payment to Facebook Inc. is being done through Facebook’s platform and you will need a valid credit card to start a sponsored campaign.
Let's go back to where we started, our 5 quick questions - you probably have a Facebook account, log into it at least once a day and spend at least few hours a week on it. You probably also like and share interesting content, and you do it mainly from your mobile, but probably from other devices too. You’re not only a business owner, you are also a potential client. Think about how many times Facebook content caught your attention and how interesting content got you occupied reading about (or watching or listening) a product, a public figure, an organisation.
Don’t you want the same for your business with YOUR business's audience?
Don’t hesitate to contact us for any query you might have!
Did you know that...?
2,000,000,000 (2 billion) messages are sent between people and businesses each month!
- Facebook Advertising & Marketing: Top Tips & Guides 17
- General Online Marketing Methods and Strategies 18
- Digital Marketing | General Guides & Tips 30
- Quantum 5
- Google & SEM Marketing: Top Tips & Guides 5
- Digital Marketing Video Posts 4
- Tech 2
- Mobile Marketing 3
- Copywriting: Top Tips & Guides 4
- Web Development 1
- 11 free sources of Power Words all copywriters should have in their bible
- 5 Ways to Support your Business with Digital Marketing During the Pandemic
- 19 Social Media Themes Ideas for All Your Content Needs
- 32 Royalty Free Photo Banks No Digital Marketer Should Live Without
- Social Media Manager vs Community Manager: Which one do I need?
- Which social media platform for which business?
- This god damn complicated (digital) world
- 10 things every website owner deals with (and hates).
- Small questions about your website
- Community Management: Behind the Scenes!